Baseball is a sport that has been loved by fans all over the world for decades. The 10 Greatest Moments in MLB History are the moments that will forever be imprinted in the minds of baseball fans everywhere. These are the moments that have set records or made history, and they are moments that only baseball fans understand.
10 Greatest Moments In MLB History
- Pedro Martinez’s no-hitter against the Atlanta Braves in the National League Championship Series
- Roger Clemens’s no-hitter against the Boston Red Sox in the American League Championship Series
- Barry Bonds’s record-breaking 756th home run against the San Francisco Giants
- Derek Jeter’s final walk-off home run as a Yankee, clinching the 2008 American League pennant
- The New York Mets clinched their first National League East title in over 40 years with a dramatic comeback victory over the Cardinals in Game 5 of the NLCS
- Mike Piazza hit a walk-off home run to win Game 7 of the 1998 World Series over the Florida Marlins
- Matt Williams’s dramatic eighth-inning single to clinch a wild-card berth for the Washington Nationals in 2010
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th career home run against the Seattle Mariners in 2009
- Cal Ripken Jr.’s 2,632nd consecutive game-played streak ended after he was sidelined by an ankle injury in September 1995
- The Oakland Athletics defeated the Boston Red Sox in seven games to win the AL Championship in 1989
Who are the Top 10 Players of All Time?
This is a list of the top 10 players in Major League Baseball history. These are the players who have had the biggest impact on the sport and who have been most memorable.
- Joe DiMaggio
- Willie Mays
- Ted Williams
- George Brett
- Hank Aaron
- Stan Musial
- Roberto Clemente
- Babe Ruth
- Mickey Mantle
- Roger Maris
MLB Hall of Fame
One of the greatest achievements in professional sports is to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. It is an honor that is only gives to a select few, and it is something that every player strives for.
There are many great moments in MLB history. But the greatest moment in baseball history may be when Roger Clemens was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Clemens was one of the most dominant pitchers in history, and his induction into the Hall of Fame was a huge honor.
Other great moments in MLB history include Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak and Cal Ripken Jr.’s record-breaking 2,632 consecutive games played. There are many more great moments in MLB history. That deserves to be remember.
The 2017 World Series
The 2017 World Series was a thrilling series between the Houston Astros and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The series went to 7 games and ended in a dramatic fashion with the Astros winning the series in Game 7. Here are some of the greatest moments from the World Series.
- Astros Win Game 1
The Astros won their first game of the World Series by sweeping the Dodgers. This was an important victory as it gave them a good start in the series.
- Dodgers Take A Lead In The Series
The Dodgers took a lead in the series with a win in Game 2. However, they would lose the next 3 games to drop to 2-1 in the series.
- Astros Take Control In Game 5
With a win in Game 5, the Astros took control of the series and were on their way to winning it all. They would go on to win games 6 and 7 to take their first-ever world title.
- Dodgers Come Back To Even The Series In Game 6
Down 3 games to 1, the Dodgers came back to even the series with a win in Game 6. This kept things close heading into game 7 which was a must-win for both teams.
The MLB season is long and grueling, but there are always moments that stick with you. Whether it’s a player hitting a walk-off home run or an entire team coming back from down 3-0 in the playoffs, these moments are unforgettable. Here are the ten greatest moments in MLB history, as voted on by fans around the web. Enjoy!